The Blue River Jazz Band play America’s traditional, classic, “hot” jazz and swing music from the early 20th century.
The band features fabulous music from New Orleans, along with songs written and made famous by great jazz artists like Louis Armstrong, Sidney Bechet, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Lester Young, Fats Waller and much, much more.
The 20’s are here! Music of the “Roaring 20s” for “Great Gatsby” themed weddings, birthday parties and the like, as well as classic swing dances, are certainly a specialty of The Blue River Jazz Band.
For concert series, we have wonderful concert programs and themes that provide enjoyable music with fascinating facts, stories, and anecdotes about the songs and the musicians that made them famous.
Here are our featured concert themes in addition to our general concert presentations:
- “Songs of the Twenties and All That Jazz”
- “What A Wonderful World-The Magic and Genius of Louis Armstrong”
- “One Never Knows, Do One? The Joyous Music of Fats Waller”
- “Oh, The Places You Could Go! A Musical Travelogue”
- “Love You Madly-Duke Ellington and Friends”
- “A Musical Romance-Lester Young, Billie Holiday, Teddy Wilson and Count Basie”
- “Way Down Yonder In New Orleans-The Birthplace of Jazz”
Led by Chris Coulter, the band performs in several combinations of instrumentation (duo, trio, quartet, quintet, and classic sextet) to suit your needs and budget (our fee is quite reasonable), and all are available to provide fun, live, high-quality entertainment!
Please contact us with any questions, and let us put together just the perfect program for you!